part 1: my story matters
Why You Are Qualified to Share Your Testimony
What are one things that stood out for you from the video?
- Write out your story to help you be clear about what to share
- Practice sharing it out loud with a good friend
- Keep your story short—don’t go longer than 3 minutes
- Jesus is the hero in your story. Place the focus on Him
- God’s already at work in your teammates’ or friends’ lives. Pray, asking Him to show you whom to share your story with, and when
- Don’t use Christian phrases—use language that other folks can understand
- Don’t make negative statements about specific people or organizations
- Don’t preach; it’s a story about you yourself, not about the person you are sharing with
- Don’t share longer than is appropriate for the situation
- Don’t paint an unrealistic picture about the Christian life
- Don’t make the story all about you. You’re not the hero; God is
Up Next | Part 2 Reza mentioned that you should write out your story. Do you start with when and where you were born? Not necessarily! The next program provides practical guidelines for writing out your story.
Testimony is the fourth journey of Equipped Disciple. Learn about the whole five collection series, and how the parts fit together.